[dokuwiki] New plugin: SkyDoku

  • From: Xavier Belanche Alonso <xbelanch@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2010 13:20:24 +0100

Hi!

We're proud to present a new plugin, SkyDoku (https://github.com/IOC/SkyDoku),
a nice implementation of Skywriter Mozilla's editor (
https://mozillalabs.com/skywriter/) on Dokuwiki. As you read on the official
web site, Mozilla SkyWriter is a fast, customizable programmer's editor.
This is partially true because the editor, at this moment of its
development, lacks of an important pair of features: word wrapping and
search along the content.

One of the interesting thing of editors like Mozilla SkyWriter is give to
the wiki-writing process more help to the users, specially in syntax
highlighting (I've never known any developer who writes code on a simple
editor similar to the plain textarea) and numbered lines. The challenges
would be exciting to see many, like folding or command line (replace string
with regular expressions...)

This is the first version. The problem, as I said before, is the lack of
word wrapping and search functionality. But we believe that this is first
step to see a new and rich wiki editors instead of wysiwyg solutions. So,
feel free to fork, suggest or -specially- improve it :-)

Best regards,
Marc, Albert i Xavier