[dokuwiki] Re: Namespace confusion

  • From: "Daniel Mitchell" <DanielMitchell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 13:31:48 -0700

>   Globalstart patch was not meant for breadcrumbs. Using it doesn't
>   change anything for breadcrumbs in Dokuwiki:
>
>   project1:index.txt, project2:index.txt and project3:index.txt
> appear
>   as "index > index > index" in breadcrumb, which doesn't help much
>   distinguish them. Wouldn't "project1:index > project2:index >
>   project3:index" be better ?

 In the case where you're using the standard, 'historic' breadcrumbs,
then I agree to some extent. That's partly why we're using the
youarehere/hierarchical breadcrumbs in our wiki, because seeing "start
>> start >> start" isn't very helpful.

 On the other hand, if your namespaces are nested, that would show

"start >> project:start >> project:testing:start >>
project:testing:mac:start >> project:testing:mac:video"

 rather than

 "start >> project >> testing >> mac >> video"

 which is what we want.

 -- dan