[dokuwiki] Namespace confusion

  • From: Alex Wang <ahtwang@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2006 13:47:01 +0800

Hi all

I am slightly confused about namespaces.

I start a new DokuWiki installation, on the home page I create a link [[ns1:]]. This link will create a page called ns1 under the root namespace. Then in this ns1 page, I need to use [[ns1:page1]] to create "page1" under ns1.

Doesn't this seem counter-intuitive? I would have thought the ns1 page itself to be logically under the ns1 namespace already.

So I go and instead create the link [[ns1:intro]] as the "home" page for that namespace. Then on the intro page, I can just use [[page1]] to create the ns1:page1 page. But...now if I use the "you are here" breadcrumbs, it will show "home >> ns1 >> intro" with the "ns1" in red.

Please tell me if I'm missing something obvious, or is it just the way it works, and there's no way to change it short of hacking the code?

Regards
Alex Wang