[dokuwiki] Re: Meta directory question

  • From: Christopher Smith <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 11:00:10 +0100

On 21 Jul 2009, at 09:50, Terence J. Grant wrote:

Just two questions up front:
Q1. Would any $id.meta files be regenerated via searchindex manager
(or any other process) if I deleted the $id.meta files?

There are two sorts of metadata, persistent and transient. Dokuwiki's persistent metadata is created/added whenever a page is saved. The process of retrieving metadata will generate the transient metadata if none exists.

Aside, cache code is designed to refresh the transient metadata whenever the cache logic determines the page should be re-rendered. This is not happening at present. I'll look into whether this is a good thing or a bad thing.

Q2. If it is possible to regenerate the .meta files in any form, which
functions should I look at in the code base that do this already?

grep for the following:

- p_set_metadata (esp. when the fourth parameter is not false).
- p_render_metadata (builds the transient metadata)
- p_get_metadata

one note, its probably not good to use these functions in a syntax plugin - you're probably already nested inside a call to two of them. use the render method checking for "meta" format.

Chris