[dokuwiki] Re: Meta directory question

  • From: "Terence J. Grant" <tjgrant@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 03:50:44 -0500

Hi again,

I think my last reply described too complex a problem, so I'll keep it
simpler...

Just two questions up front:
Q1. Would any $id.meta files be regenerated via searchindex manager
(or any other process) if I deleted the $id.meta files?
Q2. If it is possible to regenerate the .meta files in any form, which
functions should I look at in the code base that do this already?

I imagine what I might do is write up a multi-pass function that for
each file in pages:
1. Finds the oldest attic for the file, generates the initial meta
data ('creator' + such) using fn's from Q2 above...
2. Adds in the $id.changes as the 'contributors' manually...
3. Uses the latest version to fill in the updates-- abstract, cross refs, etc.

Last question:
Q3. So does this sound about right or am I (under/over simplifying) /
(missing the point entirely)?

Thanks,
--
--Terence J. Grant