[dokuwiki] Re: Media/image files, isn't there a simpler way?

Hi,

On 08/16/2010 09:51 PM, Chris G wrote:
E.g. if I upload the file image.png to<dokuwiki_home>/data/media
directory what's the correct link to refer to it?

if an image is saved in the root namespace, you can refer to it as {{:image.png}} from every page. If it's in a namespace called abc, refer to it as {{:abc:image.png}}. No matter where you move your page.

Btw, there is a plugin[0] which lets you move pages around without breaking any links.

I tried this and couldn't get it to work properly.  There's no explanation in
the
dokuwiki documentation (that I can see  anyway) that tells you how a
{{<something>}} image link is actually interpreted.

The namespaces[1] docs very precisely describe the grammar of a link. If you feel that this should be expressed more clearly, feel free to improve the "images" page[2]. It's a wiki.

For a start it appears in the browser address bar with _media rather than just
media
and then, in addition, it seems to add some/all of the namespace that
the reference is from.

Ah... That's internal foo. AFAIK _media belongs to some rewriting for fetch.php. DokuWiki will take care of that, so you don't have to.

HTH,
Fabian

[0] http://www.dokuwiki.org/plugin:pagemove
[1] http://www.dokuwiki.org/namespaces