[dokuwiki] Re: Media or Cache

  • From: Tankko <tankko@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 07:54:28 -0700

Can someone help me with this question?  Where is the preferred place
to store images that are generated by plugins?  These images are
completely regeneratable, so it seems that storing them in the Media
folders isn't the best solution.   Should they be stored in the cache?
Ideally they would be purged after X days and rebuilt as needed.

I can set up a cron job to empty the folder every week, but that isn't
a very clean solution.

Tankko

On 7/18/07, Tankko <tankko@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I am using a plug-in that does graphviz charts, and while looking at
the code I noticed that they are writing the .png files that are
produced into the media folder.

Wouldn't it be better to write these into the cache folder since they
can be rebuilt at anytime?

After a day of editing my charts, I have 50 images in my media list
and 49 of them are not used anymore.

What is the preferred approach to storing image files that can be rebuilt?