[dokuwiki] Re: Load testing (was Re: Experiences in Scalability)

  • From: "Joe Lapp" <joe.lapp@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 20:40:23 -0500 (CDT)

I wrote:
>I'll see if I can find one that would work for us.

Apache JMeter seems to do what we need:
http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/

It's in Java.  That's probably the only way for us to produce a truly
cross-platform benchmark.  I'm not inclined to do it in PHP because the test
runs on a client machine.  I know you can install Java on virtually any client
machine, but I'm not sure the same holds for PHP.  Besides, I also don't
understand PHP's workings and libraries enough to know whether it's even
suitable for this sort of testing.  (And I haven't hit upon a PHP load tester
yet either.)

~joe