[dokuwiki] Re: LDAP and user management?

  • From: aliasonline@xxxxxxx
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 14:42:55 -0500

Thanks Seb!

That fixed the problem! The "chainedauth" was developed by Grant Gardner and the code is available at http://wiki.splitbrain.org/wiki:tips:chainedauth

The next question is how do I give full or edit access to a few of the users in ldap. I don't want to give full access to everyone in ldap.

Thanks in advance!

Corey

On Jan 29, 2008, at 1:59 PM, Sebastian Krohn wrote:

On Tuesday 29 January 2008 15:15:44 aliasonline@xxxxxxx wrote:
That's  exactly what I want to do; give a few users who are not in
ldap full, edit only or read only access.

I looked at inc/auth/ldap.class.php but couldn't figure it out what
you meant.

Can you give me some sample code to mix two authentication providers?

There's something called 'chained authtype'. I use it to mix my regular
user's LDAP-based accounts with some wiki-only users:

$conf['chained_authtypes'] = 'ldap:plain';
$conf['chained_usermanager_authtype'] = 'plain';
$conf['auth']['ldap']['server'] = 'localhost';
$conf['auth']['ldap']['port'] = '389';
[...]

I can't remember if this was part of the distribution but a search in
the official wiki and/or mailing list archive should give some hints.

HTH

   Seb