[dokuwiki] Re: JavaScript/JQuery cleanup Weekend?

> But we are going to get notification of which functions have been
> deprecated, as I understood from a previous?

Yes, that's what the DEPRECATED function will do. It prints warnings
about deprecated functions to your firebug console.

>  For instance, the ubiquitous dom = $('div'), which (I believe) conflicts
> with JQ.

It doesn't really conflict because we're using JQuery in compatibility
mode, but it is deprecated and you will get the above warnings.

These should be replaced with jquery calls. Eg. dom = jQuery('#div')

> It would be a royal pain if after all these years we'd have to go through all
> of our code and
> remove those calls.

Well, that's the price of switching libraries. However while you're
going through the code you can also check if there's stuff that can be
removed and replaced by jQuery oneliners. Hopefully this will also
make your plugin's code cleaner, smaller and easier to maintain.

Andi

--
splitbrain.org