[dokuwiki] Re: Is there any way to disable page locking from plugins?

>>However, right now I needed to do some little changes in Dokuwiki base
>>code to disable locks. These changes are always return false in
>>checklock($id) (inc/common.php) and comment the initialization of the
>>timer that warns about lock expiring in lib/exe/js.php.
>
>>I haven't found a way to disable locking from plugins without having
>>to modify these lines. I would prefer the plugin to work just by
>>installing it, without having to change Dokuwiki base code. Is that
>>possible or the code has to be manually modified when the plugin is
>>installed and uninstalled?
>

> Have you looked at using the "max age for lock files" to allow your plugin
> to work?  I haven't looked into this at all and don't know what negative
> issues
> it might cause, since this was probably never intended to be set to 0, but
> it may be worth trying it out.

Thanks for the advice.

The problem in this case is that, although the pages are in practice
lock free, the Javascript timer still warns that the lock is about to
expire whenever you start editing a page or preview it, which is
somewhat annoying.