[dokuwiki] Is there any way to disable page locking from plugins?

  • From: Daniel Calviño Sánchez <danxuliu@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2010 17:27:17 +0100

Hello,

I have developed a Dokuwiki plugin to allow editing a page by more
than one person simultaneously and then merge the changes between the
revision of the page when the edition was started, the latest revision
and the edited text using diff3 (like MediaWiki does). Of course, if
locks are enabled the plugin has little utility, because no conflicts
would happen as long as the lock don't expire.

However, right now I needed to do some little changes in Dokuwiki base
code to disable locks. These changes are always return false in
checklock($id) (inc/common.php) and comment the initialization of the
timer that warns about lock expiring in lib/exe/js.php.

I haven't found a way to disable locking from plugins without having
to modify these lines. I would prefer the plugin to work just by
installing it, without having to change Dokuwiki base code. Is that
possible or the code has to be manually modified when the plugin is
installed and uninstalled?

Thanks.