[dokuwiki] Re: Is there a plugin to search metadata (or similar) and produce a summary with links?

  • From: Chris G <cl@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2011 20:37:53 +0100

On Sun, Apr 10, 2011 at 11:19:55AM +0200, Michael Hamann wrote:

> > So, is there anything like this out there?
>
> As I've said I don't know any existing plugin, but with the metadata
> index indexing and searching the metadata is relatively easily possible.

After playing with the pagequery, dir and tag plugins I have found that
the tag plugin does near enough what I want.

I just put {{tag>bs}} in the pages I want to appear in my list and
{{topic>bs&desc&nodate&nouser}} give me a listing of all 'bs' tagged
entries with a description line (or lines) for each.

The only (minor) downsides are that the 'bs' tag appears as part of the
page abstract (if it's within a certain number of characters of the
start of the page) and that the abstract is somewhat too long for my
needs.  However it's near enough.

--
Chris Green