[dokuwiki] Re: Indexer and mod_security

  • From: Andreas Gohr <andi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 May 2008 23:24:05 +0200

On Wed, 07 May 2008 23:05:56 +0200
Richard Weickelt <weickric@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Shouldn't the URL above look like:
> /repaint/lib/exe/indexer.php?id=start&1210159793"

no. we're using xhtml. This means the & has to be encoded as &amp;. Your
browser will interpret that and use the correct URL.

The mod_security rule above complains that there is no parameter name
for the timestamp. Or that there is no value for the parameter named
1210159793. Whatever, it's a valid URL and this mod_security rule is
stupid.

> But what is the timestamp for? It seems not beeing used anywhere,
> because in the url above it is recogniced as part of the ID and
> filtered out.

This timestamp makes 100% sure neither your browser nor any proxy will
use a cache to access that URL. It's a common way to make an URL
absolutely uncacheable.

Ask your admin to fix the mod_security rule.

splitbrain.org