[dokuwiki] Re: Image positioning etc.

  • From: Chris G <cl@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2010 13:23:00 +0100

On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 08:39:26AM -0500, Myron Turner wrote:

> >>Don't simply assume it's the other guy.
> >
> >It's a web page, I'm viewing it with a pretty standard browser, what
> >else am I expected to do with it?
> >
> The attached image I sent in the last post is what I got off
> Firefox.  I tested in three different Operating Systems with 6
> different browsers and they all get the same result.  And I've run
> it off the web server on my LAN, where I initially put it together.
>
> Wrap is a useful and popular plugin, so if there is a circumstance
> under which it fails, the author would probably be interested in
> knowing this.  The purpose of this list is to be helpful.

It works today!  Typical.

My system has recently upgraded Firefox (but only from 3.6.9 to 3.6.10)
so that *might* have caused the problem but it seems a bit unlikely.

When I viewed the above URI yesterday I just got to see a table with a
few bits of text below it.

Aha!  I see what the problem was, my fault, when I right click on a URI
in my mail program and select "Open link" it truncates at the :, today I
just happened to cut and paste the URI into my browser and, of course,
that included the 'wrap' at the end.

Sorry all!

Yes, that works pretty well using the wrap plugin.

--
Chris Green