[dokuwiki] Re: Idea about managing Plugins on dokuwiki.org

  • From: Tanguy Ortolo <tanguy+dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2010 15:28:37 +0200

Le lundi 20 septembre 2010, Andreas Haerter a écrit :
> If the plugins recommended this way are handpicked by a team (criteria:
> working well/tested with the current stable, maintained, documented,
> basic XSS/security testing), this would also help to make is easier for
> new users to prevent the usage of crappy/orphaned plugins.

I agree with the overall idea.

As the maintainer of the Debian package, I also think it would be good
to define a very small list of plugins that would meet the above
requirements, plus:
* provide extra features for regular wiki use, for instance pagemove,
  but not blog;
* provide features that are useful to most wikis.

This set of plugins would represent what “almost everyone wants to
install”, and would be grouped into an additional packages
“dokuwiki-plugins”, so that they are as easy to install under Debian as
DokuWiki itself.

--
 ,--.
: /` )   Tanguy Ortolo