[dokuwiki] IMAP (with attachments) to DW?
- From: Liam Dolan <ldolan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2006 16:14:33 -0500
Hi everybody. I'm new to the list.
I've been tasked with importing an IMAP-based documentation server to
dokuwiki. Actually, I'm the one who picked dokuwiki, because I figured
it'd be easier to deal with text.
I've got about a GB of messages to deal with; a significant percentage
have binary attachments (PDF, msword, &c), and a significant portion of
those have *multiple* attachments.
The directory structure hasn't been a problem - it's the binaries that
I'm having trouble with.
Does anybody have any experience or tips they can share about doing
something like this?
Here's what I've tried so far:
1) Duncan Gough's wikemail.py ( http://www.suttree.com/code/wikemail/ )
Nice, but unfortunately, it's text-only.
2) My own shell scripts of various permutations, using munpack to handle
decoding the attachments. From what I can tell, munpack can only do a
single attachment from a message, which won't work for me. No go.
3) Manually copying stuff over. For, like, a half hour this afternoon,
then I got sick of it, and joined this list.
So does anybody have any ideas? I appreciate any help or advice.
DokuWiki mailing list - more info at
Other related posts: