[dokuwiki] IMAP (with attachments) to DW?

  • From: Liam Dolan <ldolan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2006 16:14:33 -0500

Hi everybody. I'm new to the list.

I've been tasked with importing an IMAP-based documentation server to dokuwiki. Actually, I'm the one who picked dokuwiki, because I figured it'd be easier to deal with text.

I've got about a GB of messages to deal with; a significant percentage have binary attachments (PDF, msword, &c), and a significant portion of those have *multiple* attachments.

The directory structure hasn't been a problem - it's the binaries that I'm having trouble with.

Does anybody have any experience or tips they can share about doing something like this?

Here's what I've tried so far:

1) Duncan Gough's wikemail.py ( http://www.suttree.com/code/wikemail/ )
Nice, but unfortunately, it's text-only.

2) My own shell scripts of various permutations, using munpack to handle decoding the attachments. From what I can tell, munpack can only do a single attachment from a message, which won't work for me. No go.

3) Manually copying stuff over. For, like, a half hour this afternoon, then I got sick of it, and joined this list.

So does anybody have any ideas? I appreciate any help or advice.

Thanks,
Liam