[dokuwiki] Re: How to add a new relative link syntax to the 'pagespace'?

  • From: TNHarris <telliamed@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 16:48:04 -0500

On Wed, 09 Jan 2008 19:05:53 +0300
MrBertie <hendrybadao@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Evening All,
>
>     I would like to a the option of two ' . 's, to insert a new
>     namespace based on the current page name, i.e.  [[ . . : newlink]]
>      would become  [[current_namespace:current_pagename:newlink]].
>      Handy when the current page is the start of a new namespace.

I don't think that's the best approach. Traditionally, '..' refers to
the parent directory in a filesystem. ('a:b:..:c' would resolve to
'a:c').  Some other token should be used, such as '$', or '%' ('#' is
already used for fragment identifiers).

I don't think I would use this much. I got away from
page-named-as-namespace and went with start-page-in-namespace which I
find easier to manage. But I doubt the syntax would interfere with
anything, so I'm not opposed to the idea. The patch would occur in the
resolve_id function in inc/pageutils.php

-- tom
telliamed@xxxxxxxxxxxxx