[dokuwiki] How can I give ONLY the start page a different look?

Hello there,

I'm pretty new to dokuwiki and don't know much about CSS and PHP.

You can find my wiki at:

http://stud.hs-heilbronn.de/~melanie

As you can see, I changed the background of the arctic template to a
pretty image of the sky by doing this in /lib/tpl/arctic/design.css:

div.dokuwiki {
 margin:auto;
 padding:0;
 width: __widthWiki__;
 border:1px solid __cWikiBorder__;
 background-image: url(./wiki.jpg);
 height: 130%;
}

But our professor wants the image to be ONLY on the start-page.

How can I do this??

I figured I could maybe do this via the page id. But it didn't work,
when I changed it in the design.css file. Maybe I only did it wrong. But
I really don't know.

I know there is a page about multitemplates in Dokuwiki, but I couldn't
access it :-(
Hoping for some support.
Thanks in advance,

Melanie