[dokuwiki] Hide toolbar buttons for nonadmins

Hello,

is it possible to hide a toolbar button for all users expect admins?
The toolbar button is added through an action plugin, but it seems as I cannot
access any information on the current user during the TOOLBAR_DEFINE event.
So far I tried checking $INFO['isadmin'] and $_SERVER['REMOTE_USER'], which are
both not set (in fact $INFO is not set at all). Calling auth_isadmin() instead
only causes an "call to undefined function" error.

Is there any other way to check if a user is an admin during TOOLBAR_DEFINE?

Thanks in advance
Chris