[dokuwiki] HTTPClient (was: Re: RSS feeds parsing)

  • From: Andreas Gohr <andi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 23:07:41 +0200

> As far as I can trace it could be the https of magpie/rss_fetch.php
> that  is not supported.

That is most certainly the case. I had a look at the snoopy lib wich is
used to fetch the data. I think it is a mess.

I just added a HTTPClient to DokuWiki which does support SSL (if PHP was
compiled with support for it).

The next step is to make the magpie lib use it. It should be enough to
change the _fetch_remote_file() function in inc/magpie/rss_fetch.php to
use the DokuHTTPClient class and add a function fetchSnoopyResponse()
to HTTPClient which should return some semi-compatible format to the one
returned by Snoopy.

I will do that maybe tomorrow. For today it's bedtime ;-)