[dokuwiki] Re: Google translate...

  • From: TNHarris <telliamed@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2010 11:30:28 -0400

On 10/22/2010 11:16 AM, Robin Getz wrote:

Yeah, I tried this - but then google stops translating, and doesn't start
again when the</pre>  end tag is hit... (notranslate also needs to be first
for it to work at all).

I'd think you could wrap[1] the blocks in <div class="notranslate">. It'd take a few extra keystrokes, but not all code blocks are computer code. Or you could suggest to Google that they recognize computer languages and exclude it from translation. (Maybe even extract the comments from the code.) Of course if they didn't respond to your bug report, I wonder how well you'd do with a feature request.

Besides, if there were no garbled inappropriate computer translations of web pages, what would we do for fun?

[1] http://www.dokuwiki.org/plugin:wrap

--
- tom
telliamed@xxxxxxxxxxxxx