[dokuwiki] Generating HTML HEAD content with syntax plugins

  • From: "Gabriel Birke" <Gabriel.Birke@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2007 13:51:18 +0200

Hello!

I'm trying to generate some custom styles (CSS definitions between two style
tags) with a syntax plugin. However, style tags are not allowed in the HTML
BODY section, only in the HEAD section. While the browser applies the styles
correctly, the generatiion of nonvalidating XHTML bothers me.

I had a look at the code and as far as I can see there is no way to generate
header content when rendering wiki text, althogh I would deem sich
functionality very useful when using DokiWiki as a pseudo-CMS: Imagine
syntax plugins not only for styles but also for meta tags or individual
favicons. The biggest obstacle in my eyes is that tpl_metaheaders is called
before tpl_content, which in turn would call the renderer that could produce
such information.

Now before I do some heavy coding I have two questions:
1) Is there an easy way to accomplish my goal? Maybe I have overlooked
something.
2) Is anyone except me interested in such a functionality? Would a patch be
accepted?

Greetings,

Gabriel