[dokuwiki] Framework to allow plugin data support with 'sync' plugin

  • From: Chris Tapp <dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2010 15:57:23 +0000

I've got a couple of sites that use the 'discussion' plugin and it would be nice to replicate them sometimes (e.g. when I want to use the data at a meeting in locations that don't have internet access ! ).

I generally use the 'sync' plugin to replicate the pages, but the discussion data doesn't get included as it's not supported by sync.

It seems to me as if it would be worth while creating a framework that can be used to allow plugins to register a 'my sync data' handler (or some such) so that plugin data can then automatically be synced as well.

From a quick look it seems as though:

1) The RPC code needs to have bits added
2) Sync itself would need some changes
3) A mechanism would need adding to allow plugins to register (and possibly service) sync pull/push events.

Does this sound useful? If so, is there anyone willing to contribute as it will take me a long time to do it all ;-)

Chris