[dokuwiki] Re: File permissions

  • From: "Wouter D. Snel" <list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2006 00:40:21 +0200

Dear Ben,

Thank you very much for your email. It doesn't seem to work
however. I found a different solution however. But I'll try to figure
out what could be the problem as soon as i have some time. I think
the problem has something to do ownership of the www user on mac.

Thanks again,
Wouter

On Jun 11, 2006, at 05:58 , Ben Coburn wrote:

On Jun 8, 2006, at 6:49 PM, Ben Coburn wrote:

On Jun 8, 2006, at 12:44 PM, Wouter D. Snel wrote:

Hi there,

I'm new to the list. Just started using DocuWiki a few
days ago and i love it allready :D
I have a question concerning uploading of images (and files)
when i upload something i would like to set the permission to
777. Does anyone know how to do this?

thanx in advance!

Kind regards,
Wouter

I thought this was a general bug, but it does disapear when I upload DokuWiki to a Linux server. I'll look into this when I have a moment.

There is now a patch in the development code that fixes strange media file permissions. To get this patch just update your installation to the latest development code.

Or if you want to keep running the stable release, it is an easy change to make manually.

To manually change dokuwiki-2006-03-09b.tgz
Change line 128 in 'lib/exe/media.php' from
      if($conf['fperm']) chmod($fn, $conf['fperm']);
      chmod($fn, $conf['fmode']);

Regards, Ben Coburn

________________________________ BlackhandAudio | Wouter D. Snel

mail : wouter@xxxxxxxxxxxx