[dokuwiki] Re: File permissions

  • From: Ben Coburn <btcoburn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2006 18:49:15 -0700

On Jun 8, 2006, at 12:44 PM, Wouter D. Snel wrote:

Hi there,

I'm new to the list. Just started using DocuWiki a few
days ago and i love it allready :D
I have a question concerning uploading of images (and files)
when i upload something i would like to set the permission to
777. Does anyone know how to do this?

thanx in advance!

Kind regards,
Wouter

I thought this was a general bug, but it does disapear when I upload DokuWiki to a Linux server. I'll look into this when I have a moment.

For those without Mac's to test this on, here is an example of what happens.
Normal wiki page:
-rw-r--r-- 1 www admin 21 8 Jun 17:48 data/pages/new_page.txt

Media file:
-rw-------  1 www wheel  94185  8 Jun 17:42 data/media/new_image.jpg
Media Namesapce:
drwxr-xr-x  3 www admin  102  8 Jun 18:38 new_ns

These are all created with the standard permissions of:
$conf['fmode'] = 0644;
$conf['dmode'] = 0755;

Wouter, For now you could use a recursive chmod to fix the permissions manualy from the terminal as needed... (from your dokuwiki directory)
sudo chmod -R go+r data/media

Regards, Ben Coburn