[dokuwiki] Re: Farm support for plugin manager

On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 6:11 AM, Christopher Smith <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Have you considered using the config cascade to hold 'master' lists.  One
>> for the animal and one for the farmer (or as many as the admin wants) -
>> equivalent to local & protected in the normal scheme of things.  Those files
>> being stored in appropriate conf directories where they are human editable
>> for those people who don't like allowing configurations to be auto-updated.

Great! I can do that :) Any farm users have any other opinions or
should I go for it and see if they have any issues later on and may be
alter it if necessary?

On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 12:38 PM, Andreas Gohr <andi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> This seems the most useful way. BTW. I'd prefer having a list of
> disabled plugins instead of a list of enabled plugins that has to be
> updated everytime a new plugin is installed. Or are there any good
> reasons it has to be reversed?

I am more in the idea of having default de-activated stage of download
and 2 buttons with every plugin in search results, "Download" and
"Download and activate" (current default)
This behaviour comes to best use when we have a "read code" like
feature with the manager.
Even if we might not have a code reader kind of feature in the first
go, people can actually check the code before enabling it from the
manager? At-least not breaking their install just because they
downloaded a plugin?

--
Regards
Piyush Mishra