[dokuwiki] Extending useheading

  • From: "Chris Smith" <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2005 22:26:19 +0100

Hello!

This is in response to Andi's mail (see below) to discuss solving extending
$conf['useheading'] to other pages (search, backlinks & recent changes)
whilst retaining namespaces when useheading is not turned on.

Details of the patch originally submitted can be seen at
http://bugs.splitbrain.org?do=details&id-354.

Whereas my original solution effectively set the title to null, to get
default html_wikilink() behaviour - the filename without the namespace, it
would be pretty straight forward to set the title parameter based on the
$conf['useheading'] setting.

e.g.

html_wikilink($id, $conf['useheading']?NULL:$id);

The one remaining place where a raw filename is used is the backlink button.
To me it would make sense to add a tpl_ function wrapper for a safe
p_get_firstheading() or to give the backlink button its own function that
handles everything.

Any comments?

Regards,

Chris
================

Hi!

On Wed,  1 Jun 2005 18:48:36 +0100
chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Wed Jun  1 17:44:39 BST 2005  chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>   * Extending useheading to search, recent and backlinks pages

Thanks for the patch, but there is one problem... I like to get the full
wiki page name on certain pages (eg. recent changes) when useheading is
disabled. Your patch breaks this behaviour. I suggest to discuss how to
solve this on the mailinglist.

Regards,