[dokuwiki] Re: Error in css.php and js.php

  • From: Michael Klier <chi@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 11:23:25 +0200

On Tue, Jun 13, 2006 at 09:54:22AM +0200, Andreas Gohr wrote:
> Chris Smith writes:
>
> >The March release allows substitutions in CSS.  Some (many?) plugins
> >that provide their own styles may make use of the substitutions to match
> >the wiki colour scheme.
>
> But AFAIR we agreed that this is bad style and plugins should not rely on
> the existance of any of the replacement patterns in the default template's
> style.ini because they may not be available in other templates.
>
> I think plugin authors who do so schould be contacted and asked to fix this.
>
> Andi

What about the config-plugin? It makes use of substitutions and thus
template authors are "forced" to include the style.ini-options from the
default-template in order to not break CSS compliance. Would it make
sense to introduce some general style.ini in <dokuwiki>/lib/styles/
which gets loaded before the templates one (The settings should be
overwriteable by the templates style.ini)?

Michael

--
Michael Klier

mail:   chi@xxxxxxxxxxx