[dokuwiki] Re: Error in css.php and js.php

  • From: Anika Henke <a.c.henke@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 00:59:17 +0200

Michael Klier wrote:

On Tue, Jun 13, 2006 at 09:54:22AM +0200, Andreas Gohr wrote:

Chris Smith writes:

The March release allows substitutions in CSS. Some (many?) plugins that provide their own styles may make use of the substitutions to match the wiki colour scheme.

But AFAIR we agreed that this is bad style and plugins should not rely on the existance of any of the replacement patterns in the default template's style.ini because they may not be available in other templates.

I think plugin authors who do so schould be contacted and asked to fix this.

What about the config-plugin? It makes use of substitutions and thus
template authors are "forced" to include the style.ini-options from the
default-template in order to not break CSS compliance. Would it make

In the latest stable release they were no substitution variables in any plugins that come with DokuWiki. I fixed that somewhen in the beginning of March.
In the current development version the config and plugin manager have some style.ini variables again. If noone objects I will fix that during the next few days.

Personally, I am completely against replacement patterns in plugin styles. I am not sure if a set of a few essential patterns could solve this problem ...
Hmm ... Sorry, it is too hot to think. I will ponder over it ...