[dokuwiki] Re: Editing only one language specific file

  • From: "Daniel Mitchell" <DanielMitchell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2006 13:17:37 -0700

> I have been asked to modify the content of inc/lang/en/edit.txt to
> include additional site specific instructions and links. Is there an
> easy way to do this without having to duplicate the entire directory
as
> a pseudo-language and then having to redo the change each time
Dokuwiki
> is updated?

 I've done this for a few of the /lang/ files -- I just edited the file
itself, then when I update dokuwiki I just copy the files from the
changed, this works fine. (generally for this type of change I'll copy
the original file to (say) edit.txt.orig, then change edit.txt -- that
way when I'm doing an upgrade, I can search for ".orig" files to find
where this type of thing has happened)

 -- dan