[dokuwiki] Dokuwiki license ?

  • From: "stephane martin" <stef.martin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 12:16:29 +0100

Hello,

I work for the French National Institute for Statistics and Economic
Studies (see http://www.insee.fr/en/home/home_page.asp). We use
dokuwiki internally for documentation purposes. Unfortunately, I have
to modify dokuwiki so that it can use our authentication scheme
(proprietary and ugly, as you can guess). I have quite a theoretical
question, yet interesting.

We release most internal projects under GPLv3 for internal
distribution. But dokuwiki is released under the GPLv2. To address
that kind of problems, would it be possible to release future versions
under a "GPL v2 or newer" version ? (I don't think that's a big
deal...)

Thank you for your fine piece of work and best regards,

Stephane Martin
Software Architect
INSEE