[dokuwiki] Re: Dokuwiki farm experiences

  • From: "Sameer D. Sahasrabuddhe" <sameerds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 10:37:03 +0530

On Tue, Jun 28, 2005 at 10:08:17PM +0200, Andreas Gohr wrote:

> BTW. I think your questions belong to the list... at least to show
> me there is some broader interest in Wiki Farming.

Alas! I was somehow hoping that Andi would have missed the original
mail ... the wiki-farm conspiracy is destroyed even before it could
get off the ground! :D

About my efforts with the WikiFarm, I actually have it working with a
December version of DokuWiki ... with one problem - the media
directory was not getting separated correctly. Somewhere in the image
handling code, the path to the media directory is hard coded, and so
two copies of the images had to stored - one in the default place, and
the other in the WikiField-specific place. I never got around to
fixing that since images aren't too important for my use.

But it seems a lot of changes in DokuWiki ever since have already
covered quite a big part of my modifications. My proposal to split
doku.php for example ... we already have an init.php file, which is
basically what I needed. I have a feeling that if you just create a
new file, over-ride a few contants and include doku.php, the WikiFarm
could almost work!

But I havn't actually gotten around to merging all my changes, since
I've been a little busy lately ... I'll try putting up a summary of
the issues I had solved, so that we can figure out if they're no
longer a problem.

Sameer.
--
Research Scholar, KReSIT, IIT Bombay