[dokuwiki] Re: Doku-cluster

  • From: Robin Gareus <robin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 01 Sep 2008 15:05:36 +0200

Hello again,

Excuse the late reply, but the weather here has been exceptionally sunny..

Michael Klier wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 22, 2008 at 08:56:52PM +0200, Robin Gareus wrote:
>> Are there endeavors to join data-portability.org?
>
> Not that I know of. Andi might have an answer to this.
>
>> YMMV, besides that dokuwiki's text files are already very //portable//
>> - - adding OAuth and XMPP PubSub would be my choice of priority.
>
> We talked about OAuth a bit on the FroSCon weekend. But we haven't looked to
> close at that yet.

I have experience with php-oAuth and can help out. Using
http://code.google.com/p/oauth-php/ without a database may be overkill.
- - http://term.ie/oauth/example/ requires a bit more work to get going,
but may integrate nicely with dokuwiki.

Anyways, the PubSub and XML-RPC will need some secure remote-auth; which
IMHO should integrate with openID, too.. come time, we should start a
thread "openID/oAuth" on this list.

>> just to outline the idea:Using dokuwiki's Atom-1.0 export one can
>> implement http://www.xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0060.html to publish.
>> Receiving updates, could be done by a XMPP<->HTTP/RPC gateway.
>> http://www.dokuwiki.org/devel:xmlrpc is a good start on that end.
>>
>> Would you be interested to delve into details?
>
> Of course :).

long story short: I've started to collect some ideas and plugin-code:

http://mir.dnsalias.com/wiki/dokupubsub
http://mir.dnsalias.com/wiki/idavoll

I use the idavoll.ik.nu http<>xmpp gateway and hooked into DW's
io_wikipage_write: dokuwiki publishes edited wiki-pages to the gateway
which distributes it via XMPP to subscribers. Subscribed dokuwiki's
receive a notification (from their local gateway) and update the wiki page.

The //dokupubsub// plugin uses Atom as container and currently either
XHTML or raw-dokuwiki as content. - While it already works as proof of
concept, dokuPubSub still has a long way to go: user-mapping,
xhtml-content-import, admin-UI, page-lock&conflict handling,
feeds&collections, share media-files, oAuth/openID,.. this sounds like
more work than it actually is - some of these can be done in separate
plugins, and most issues don't require to reinvent the wheel.

I'll appreciate comments and help to continue down the road. - When the
dokupubsub plugin is more mature I'll move it to dokuwiki.org (or use
PubSub to upload?!).

For the time being, I've trashed the initial idea to handle
notifications (from idavoll) by dokuwiki XML-RPC. Still, writing a [php]
gateway using the wikirpcinterface2 rather than custom RPC is an option
for later.

> The XMLRPC interface is being worked atm, new ideas functionality gets added
> when people, which are using it hit a problem. Atm I know of a fuse filesystem
> implemented in ruby [3], a vim plugin [4] that allows page editing over XMLRPC
> and a notefinder plugin [5].

I love dokuvimki! ;)

I've experimented with the RPC a bit: php coders may find
http://mir.dnsalias.com/wiki/dokuxmlrpc useful.

Are there XLST's to convert various wiki formats (I'm most interested in
trac-wiki) or generic xhtml into dokuwiki-text?

> [1] http://dokuwiki.org/tips:farm
> [2] http://dokuwiki.org/tips:farm2

nice, but those work only on the same server or via NFS.

> [3] http://www.content-space.de/dokuwiki/projekte/dokufs

very interesting. I'm gonna check that out later. Does it support locks?
draft-ltime?

gruesse aus Amsterdam,
robin