[dokuwiki] Re: Disabling namespaces in DokuWiki?

  • From: "Metz, Bobby" <Bobby.Metz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 11:20:31 -0500

> One of the reasons for the wiki success story (I think) is the fact
> that wikis allow users to "break out" of the hierarchical mindset and
> create new links as they go along, not being limited by an underlying
> hierarchy.

I agree with Martin on the success part.  Do any of you use a
non-hierarchical model though and have group restriction requirements,
i.e. only certain groups can edit certain pages?  If anyone has figured
out how to do so without increasing ACL maintenance ten fold I'd love
some pointers.  I dislike all the hierarchy mess I inherited but don't
see a way around it due to the group restrictions requirement.

Bobby