[dokuwiki] Re: Disable external links

  • From: Andreas Gohr <andi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 16:47:12 +0200

Tankko writes:

I am looking into writing a plug in to disable all external links, but
can't seem to find an eloquent way to do it.

It would be easy to do by changing the core code, but I'd rather do it
with a plug-in.  Is there a way to override a core function like
"externallink($url, $name = NULL)" which seems to be the place that
every external link passes?

Is there already a plug-in that does this?  My concern is that there
are a lot of ways for external links to be created, including other
plug-ins, so I am leary of just overriding the default syntax.

There is no real way to disable external links. You could override the default syntax, but as you say this doesn't apply to other plugins.

Maybe you could write an action plugin to intercept the rendered output for postprocessing, removing all links.

Anyway, I can not imagine any scenario where removing external links would make any sense. Can you tell us why you want to cripple the wiki that way?