[dokuwiki] Re: Designer working on new default template soon

  • From: Håkan Sandell <sandell.hakan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2011 20:06:37 +0200

Hi Clarence,

> a) post links to websites you feel has design elements DokuWiki should have.
> Tell me what those elements are and how you think it can benefit DokuWiki
> users.
>
> b) Describe to me what the visual design should convey or feel. Friendly?
> Stark? Clean? Spacious? Dense? That kind of thing.

DokuWiki has it's roots in documentation so I think I second Andi's
"getting out of the way for content" speech. Would like to add
readability and not to dense but using a fair percentage of real
estate for written content. Separation of sections and paragraphs are
important.

Also consider that there is a lot of user contributed templates, both
more exotic and more spacious "ultra aesthetic" ones. What's missing
are a "modern conservative" alternative.

/Håkan