[dokuwiki] Re: Current page id in sidebar

  • From: Anika Henke <anika@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 00:26:16 +0000

On 30/01/2012 14:42, Michael Hamann wrote:
On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 9:11 AM, Dennis Plöger<develop@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
My question was specific to the rendering of the "current"-span
surrounding an internal link.

This is done using $ID. Shouldn't it be done with $INFO, because it
shouldn't IMHO refer to the currently RENDERED page rather than to
the currently VIEWED page.

As that was bugging me for a long time and we just discussed the same problem for the new default template, I just went ahead and did just that.

I think the problem is that it is completely random when a sidebar
page is rendered as normally it is cached and thus the currently
viewed page is a completely random page.

Most sidebars should have ~~NOCACHE~~ anyway as some sidebar functionalities rely on it.

I think the default should be to use the currently
rendered page as it is now.

Another point against that is, that hardly anyone uses it. And why is that? Because it doesn't work properly. ;-)

Cheers,
Anika