[dokuwiki] Re: Creating a new Demo Installation for everybody

  • From: Christoph Auer <c_a@xxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2006 17:39:26 +0100

I think it's pretty easy to setup a demo installation.
First you simply make your installation - setting your desired "default
behavior". Then make a copy of your installation.
To set the installation as it was after the installation simply run a
cronjob that copies the hole default installation e.g. with "cp -a".
I'd never tried it but I think this should work.

I hope this helps.

seml@xxxxxxxxxxxx schrieb:
> Dear friends,
> we would like to prepare a demo installation to make it
> available to our customers as well as to everybody else's
> who needs it.
> We would like to refresh it periodically, so as to report it
> to the original status (freshly installed).
> How do we do that? Can anyone send us some instructions so
> to reduce the time to setup this demo?
> Thanks in advance.
> Corrado

Christoph Auer <c_a@xxxxxxx>