[dokuwiki] Re: Config Cascade and writing config settings

  • From: Anika Henke <anika@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2011 00:19:43 +0100

On 08/06/2011 10:29, Andreas Gohr wrote:
As you can see, acronyms/local is an array. AFAIK this is because you
might want to use a local file in the farmer and a local file in the
animal.

Why would you want to do that? Do you have any use cases in mind?

Now let's assume this a bug. If that's the case nobody seems to have
ever noticed. So am I right to assume that nobody uses multiple local
files anyway?

Nope, the thought actually never occurred to me. ;-)

I'm now wondering if we should drop these last arrays completely and
only allow only one file by type (default, local, protected).

It definitely makes sense to make them consistent. Can anyone else think of a scenario where having different local files (for farmer and animal) could be useful?

Anika