[dokuwiki] Re: Comparing Dokuwiki to SharePoint

  • From: Samuel Penn <sam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2007 10:54:24 +0100

On Saturday 14 July 2007 13:50, Bob McConnell wrote:
> Management is committed to installing SharePoint as their preferred
> document development platform. But we already have several hundred pages
> built in Dokuwiki. Has anyone published a comparison between the two
> platforms? How do the toolsets compare between SharePoint and Dokuwiki +
> Blog + Discussion + etc.?

One comment I've heard about SharePoint is that the permissions system
is terrible - access control is at the site level, so a user has write
access to an entire site, or none of it. If you need fine grained
permissions (e.g., per namespace or document), then this could be an
issue.

--
Be seeing you,                         http://www.glendale.org.uk
Sam.                        Mail/IM (Jabber): sam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx