[dokuwiki] Re: Chi's Legacy

  • From: Michael Hamann <michael@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki <dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 23:03:46 +0100

Hi,

Excerpts from Luis Machuca's message of 2010-11-29 15:43:39 +0100:
> I want to officialy prethank Andreas for taking development of the
> Arctic Template, which I use extensively and I personally consider
> Chi's DW development cornerstore.

I can only second that, and Andreas, if you should need any help feel
free to ask here, in the IRC, or we could even meet personally to work
together on DokuWiki stuff.

As Andi has given me full access to the dokufreaks account on GitHub
where also many of the plugins chimeric has created and worked on are
hosted I'm looking a bit after the bug reports there and accept pull
requests that make sense imho. I don't have the time to do this always
and I also don't have the time to maintain all that stuff, but if you
just want to contribute one little thing to a currently more or less
orphaned plugin on the dokufreaks account just send a patch or pull
request, I'll have a look at them and apply them as long there is no new
maintainer for these plugins.

If you want to maintain a plugin that is currently on the dokufreaks
account there is the offer that you can maintain it right there so all
issues, downloads etc. can stay there. This offer is also valid for
plugins you want to adopt if the plugin is currently not on the
dokufreaks account. If you want to adopt a plugin on the dokufreaks
account feel free to contact me (or also Andreas Gohr) so we can give
you access to that repository.

> Will be talking to the git repo (dokufreaks, I think) people in a
> couple of days to arrange further details.

Yes, as stated above, just contact us and tell us how you want to work.

I've started looking a bit more thoroughly at the include plugin, I
think it has some difficult problems with caching etc. concerning nested
includes, namespace includes etc. I'll try to fix them and help
maintaining that plugin in the future, but I also think the include
plugin provides enough work, problems and stuff to test for more people,
so feel free to join me if you want, you'll really learn a lot about how
the renderer and it's caching works if you don't know it already. If
there is nobody else interested I'll also maintain that plugin alone,
although I can't guarantee that there will be a version without known
problems soon.

I'm already participating at the development of the blogtng plugin as
I've started using it and simply fixed all problems I've found and I'll
also fix and maintain the import wizard chimeric has created that no
longer works with the current DokuWiki release.

We've created a mirror of the plugin wizard chimeric has created on the
dokufreaks account, I've already started improving it and will continue
to do so, but again if there is somebody interested in helping to
improve it feel free to so.

Regards,
Michael