[dokuwiki] Re: Categorization?

Hi
My gripe with the category plugin is that it *purely* formats the link and
that the resultant link is *not* a wiki link and therefore not picked up
via a backlink search.  I tested this extensively until noticing in the
instruction cache file that the link was not a wiki link at all...
So the category plugin is only for using technorati or such like -- it is
not useful in a self-contained sense in a dokuwiki instance...
-ant

>> isn't there a plugin on this already??
>> (http://wiki.splitbrain.org/plugin:category)
>>
>> koko
>>

>Yes, there is a category plugin (as I mentioned in my original message),
>but all it does is format and link a list of categories for a given page
>(unless I am missing something).  If a user clicks one of the category
>links, the backlinks plugin can be used on the category page to display
>all the pages that link there (which isn't quite the same as a category
>list but might be close enough).  However, MediaWiki has additional
>features such as the ability to control the sort order of the page when
>it gets listed on the category page.

***************
Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, and
Sanlam accepts no liability for such views, except where the sender
specifically states them to be those of Sanlam.
Sanlam Life Insurance Limited is a Licensed Financial Services Provider.
Enige sienswyses of stellings wat in hierdie boodskap uitgedruk word is diÃ
van die individuele afsender, en Sanlam aanvaar geen aanspreeklikheid
daarvoor nie, behalwe waar die afsender uitdruklik vermeld dat dit dià van
Sanlam is.
Sanlam Lewensversekering Beperk is ân Gelisensieerde Verskaffer van
FinansiÃle Dienste.‰.Z)"™¨¥Šx%ŠËf¢·¢ú¶m§ÿðŠH¬¦X­n¶¢žŠàÿ¤Šf¢–)à–+-