[dokuwiki] Re: Canceling a page edit

  • From: Myron Turner <turnermm02@xxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 19:29:57 -0500

On 8/24/2010 5:50 PM, Jason Grout wrote:

 When editing a page, there is a cancel button at the bottom.
However, when clicking on that button, a dialog pops up that says:

Unsaved changes will be lost.
Really continue?

and then there is a "Cancel" and "OK" button (using Firefox 3.6 on OSX
10.6). My initial reaction was to click Cancel again (because I wanted
to cancel my edit, of course), which of course did not cancel my edit,
but canceled my cancel.

It would be much clearer if the buttons were labeled with something like
"Don't save page" and "Continue editing page" or something like that.

Again, it's a small thing, but it's caught me twice today, so I thought
I'd bring it up.

This is a standard Javascript confirmation dialog. "OK" means "yes" and "Cancel" means "No". "Cancel" does not refer back to the name of the button which invoked the dialog but to the text of the message in the dialog window. "Really continue?" Yes or No.

--
Myron Turner
http://mturner.org/