[dokuwiki] Re: Can one expand Dokuwiki variables directly by any means?

  • From: Chris G <cl@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 17:48:49 +0000

On Fri, Dec 17, 2010 at 12:50:38PM -0300, Luis Machuca Bezzaza wrote:
> Chris G escribió:
> > Having discovered where link parameters get to I now want an easy way of
> > using them!  :-)
> >
> > Say I have placed some values into $_GET by doing the following:-
> >
> >     [[pagex?FirstName=Chris&Surname=Green]]
> >
> > Is there any simple wiki syntax I can use to get to see them in pagex or
> > do I *have* to write a plugin to do it?  If there was a simple syntax to
> > simply get their values it would be wonderful as one could then simply
> > have something like the following in pagex:-
> >
> >     ======Personal Information======
> >
> >     My name is %FirstName% %Surname%.
> >

> I guess one has to write a plugin, since I have found no specific syntax to
> do it anyway. Just in case, I plan to rework chi's "Var Plugin" to be able
> to fetch $GET variables once I take in the development next year. In the
> meantime, writing an action plugin to perform a wubstitution seems the best
> way to do it, since using syntax you may run into nesting and ordering issues.

I'm trying this route but it's horribly difficult because of all the
caching that goes on.

In particular even with ~~NOCACHE~~ in the page it doesn't appear that
the PARSER_WIKITEXT_PREPROCESS event gets called unless I change the
page text.  Then, in addition, when the PARSER_WIKITEXT_PREPROCESS event
*is* called the $_GET variables don't appear to have been set!

--
Chris Green