[dokuwiki] Re: Cache Expiry Standardisation

  • From: Andreas Gohr <andi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 11:19:58 +0200

On Fri, 31 Mar 2006 11:12:30 +0200
Andreas Gohr <andi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > It looks like the js handler sends headers which tells the browser
> > not to cache css & js.
>
> Uhh that shouldn't be the case and needs to be investigated.

Well there are the following lines:

header('Cache-Control: must-revalidate, post-check=0, pre-check=0');
header('Pragma: public');

They force the browser to check the files on every request, usually
using an if-modified-since conditional request which will be answered
with a 403 - not changed answer by dokuwiki. However I guess this
should be improved to tell the browser to send its IMS-Request only
every few minutes.

I think header('Cache-Control: max-age=120'); should do it but I'm no
expert. Any other suggestions?