[dokuwiki] Re: Broken wiki, new admin

  • From: Christopher Smith <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 21:05:21 +0100
On 27 Sep 2010, at 18:35, Joshua Evans wrote:

> Thanks! Ok, the scripts run correctly and it looks like our group and owner
> return correct. I tried the chgrp to httpd and I get back this:
>
> chgrp: httpd: Invalid argument
>
> Same with apache. It works fine with our owner name in there. Still getting
> the same error on the admin controls.

Pls bottom post.  Repeat offending will get you suspended from the list for a
few days.

Take a look at your wiki pages, data/pages directory to see determine the
owner/group of those files.  It should be the user/group for your webserver.

You might find you're not able to change the owner/group anyway, in which case
consider making the file world writable - but be aware that means anyone else
with access to the server could edit the file.

- Chris