[dokuwiki] Re: Best practices of multiple documentation releases

  • From: "Bob McConnell" <rvm@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2007 10:59:26 -0400

Exactly, which is why you should export the release snapshots to a real
RCS.

There is DARCS, which is used for Dokuwiki code. There is also git,
which was recently written by Linux Torvalds to store the Linux kernel
code. IIRC it took him about four months. I believe there are a couple
of older packages distributed with many Linux systems. CVS sticks in my
mind, as does RCS which is a GNU package. Both of these are rather old.
You can get more ideas at
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Revision_control>.

Perforce and PVCS are commercial programs, although Perforce does offer
stripped down packages free for personal use.

Is my memory completely gone, or was someone talking earlier about using
DARCS as a back end for Dokuwiki?

Bob McConnell