[dokuwiki] Auth_mysql fix for Invisionboard

  • From: <wiki@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 13:02:03 +0100

I've just fixed a SQL bug in the code listed on
  http://wiki.splitbrain.org/wiki:auth_mysql#invisionboard

Previously it did NOT work; it validated for *any* password in the database,
not the actual users password.

Its an important fix all invision users should apply.  I see from
  http://bugs.splitbrain.org/index.php?do=details&id=359
"Dave Winter" is the original author of the SQL, but I don't have any
contact details to let him know of my fix :-(

I've also changed the groups SQL to return the group name, rather than just
an internal id number.

As a side note, wikis are NOT good for discussion (e.g.
http://wiki.splitbrain.org/wiki%3Adiscussion%3Adiscussion) - its impossible
to tell whats new/changed.  With the growing popularlity of dokuwiki
wouldn't it be better to start an online forum?

Regards,
Paul.