[dokuwiki] Action plugin creation : which event?

  • From: Matthieu.Rioteau@xxxxxxx
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2009 18:07:38 +0200

Hi all,

Some weeks ago I modified some code of dokuwiki to add capability to hide
pages/namespaces in a user friendly way.
Assuming it isn't the right way, and now I have some spare time, I'd like
to make it become a plugin.
I'll first create the action part of the plugin, and maybe later the
administration part.

About the action part, I don't know which event to handle and I hope that
some of you can advise.
I shall handle event somewhere when the function "search_index" is called
(eventually the "search" function will be acceptable).
Can somebody advise about the event name to handle?

If no one is available, can somebody tell me if there is a way to override
existing core function inside a plugin?

Thanks in advance,
Matthieu